Typically, you’d use MDX through something like Webpack, Create React App, Next, Gatsby, or others. Most of the time, it “Just Works”. But there are some reasons to interact with the MDX library and its internals directly.
- API — learn about the async and sync MDX API
- Runtime — learn how to use MDX in a runtime environment (typically discouraged)
- AST — learn about the intermediate abstract syntax tree
- Components — learn about the generated JSX
- remark and rehype plugins — learn how to inspect and change the syntax tree
- transform content — learn how to interact with or manipulate raw MDX content